I’ve always struggled with my skin – never really bad acne but constant breakouts throughout my teens and now twenties! The cold winter weather can be really tough on your skin so I’ve found a couple ways to keep it as healthy as possible! Here are my winter skincare tips for sensitive skin.
- Wash your face twice a day! I know – everyone says it, but thats because it’s true – you should be washing you face every morning and every evening before bed.
- Change your pillowcases regularly – think of all the oil and dead skin cells that end up on your pillow!
- Don’t touch your face – this one is so hard for me because I do it without even thinking about it, but constantly touching your face transfers so much dirt and so many germs from your hands onto your skin!
- Drink loads of water – aim for around 2 litres a day to keep your body healthy
- Make sure you get enough sleep! I bet you’ve all have heard how we should be aiming for around 8 hours of sleep a night! I love using the SleepCycle app as a tracker as it also wakes you up in the morning at the optimum time during your sleep cycle.
- Get a skincare routine sorted – it doesn’t have to be expensive at all! Once you know what skin type you are (oily, dry, combination etc) you can decide what sort of skincare products you need. There are loads of affordable options like Neutrogena available in Boots and Superdrug, as well as higher end ones like Image Skincare & Kiehls.
- Take your makeup off before bed – always! No excuses!
- Clean your phone screen – remember to give your screen a quick wipe with an antibacterial wipe to keep it clean! This should prevent any bacteria on your phone transferring onto your skin.
- Wearing suncream – skipping out on SPF can lead to severe sunburn and wrinkles in the future!
- Moisturise – especially in the colder weather, your skin dries out more easily and needs to stay moisturised!
I hope you found these tips useful! Let me know your No 1 skincare tip below!